Saturday, April 3, 2010

2nd April, 2010 x

Trying to keep it simple....and natural x

Now I keep a simple home (have done for most of my life...) of wood and grain and seed and leaf...when my now fully grown son was a small boy, we lived a very rustic basic lifestyle...times change...but I still try to maintain this ....
its just that sometimes...as the photo way below shows, plastics creep in!!!! This happened on my daughters 6th Birthday. She loves this land of plastic on occasion..so how I get round this, is to put the 'plastic play' in a plastic box and store it away. It doesnt come out on special occasions (there's nothing special about plastic after all), it just comes out sometimes....she mingles her 'plastics' with felted bunnies and mushroom houses....and draws the platic world into her own wonderful world of fantasy and imagination....
Whenever I go to a thrift shop, I notice, its full of plastic toys...but wooden, they're harder to find...because they're special...they're timeless!
Here's to keeping it simple....with a little help from plastics x

No comments:

Post a Comment